For Freshman Applicants
Freshman selection to UC Santa Barbara is determined following a comprehensive review of an applicant's achievements and personal qualities, seen in the context of the opportunities and/or challenges the applicant has had. UCSB does NOT conduct interviews, read letters of recommendation or review supplemental documentation.
It's in the best interest of a Dream Scholar to speak about their accomplishments as it pertains to any of the following selection criteria:
- Challenges, special circumstances, hardship, persistence
- Leadership, initiative, service, and motivation
- Diversity of cultural and social experience
- Intellectual and creative engagement and vitality
- Honors, awards, special projects and talents